Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trends we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (and some we don't) Part 2


Stacey posted her "trends" blog awhile back. And now I have mine to share. With so many ideas floating around the wedding world, it's hard to say what is in and what is out. And traditionally, in Kansas, we are a little behind times anyway. So, that makes it even harder to say what's in or out around the rest of the country without scaring the crap out of you. So, I think the most important thing to remember is it's your wedding. If you love it, do it! If you don't love it, don't do it!
Ok, here are my trends I love, trends I think have a shelf life and trends I think are over.

Trends I love:

Signature drinks - especially when they are a bright color, or named somthing cute to represtent the couple.

Colorful bridal shoes - OMG is all I have to say!

Custom cake stands

Bright colored ring bearer pillows

Ruffles

Aisles with petals designs - not just sprinkled, but actual designs

Mixing metals

Lounge seating instead of traditional tables - You can afford it with the new company we are working with. Your grandma may not understand the concept, but we LOVE it.

Trends with a shelf life:

Inspiration boards

DYI projects

Food stations - Long buffet lines are so boring and they make your guests feel like cattle. Food stations encourage guests to mingle and eat through out the evening so that it is more entertainment than just eating. Try fun foods and add lots of ways for guests to customize their meals. If you have fries, have like 8 different sauces.

Floral chandeliers

Lighting designers

Monochromatic color schemes - If you are in the Wichita area, you need to go see the Moore's flower showroom. I saw their purple display and about fell over! And if you know me, I stay away from alot of purples in my events. But this was the perfect example of mono. color schemes.

Charcoal grey and ______: Like Stacey said with brown, this is just an awesome neutral that brides should consider more.

Trends I think are over:

Fondant

Photo montages

TULLE, especially with twinkle lights

Chocolate fountains - they are messy and over done. There are so many other ways to incorporate fun, colorful desserts without asking me to dip my fingers into the community chocolate bowl.

Bouquet and Garter tosses
If you are encorporating any of these last few things into your wedding, please don't be offended. My opinions are just that, opinions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment