Thursday, February 16, 2012

{Big City Girl with Country Roots}

  
When we're young, we have a vision of what our wedding day will be like. We know who our bridesmaids are, what our colors will be, and when were in the 6th grade, we even have our groom chosen. Growing up in Kansas all my life, I have related to the country and if you've been in Kansas your entire life, you know you're within 15 minutes to the closest corn or wheat field.

 
 I didn't grow up in the country but lived pretty close. I have to admit, my cowgirl boots are my most comfortable shoes and I'll choose them over my heels any day! I love listening to country music because it tells me about life and believe it or not, anyone can relate to a song. I mean who hasn't heard Tim McGraw's My Best Friend at a wedding? You probably have it on your list of possibilities for your first dance!

 I thought I had every decision planned out for my big day until I became passionate about event and wedding planing. So of course, I must stay up-to-date on the most current trends. I'm loving the ideas I've seen around for wedding themes (blame Pinterest). The country/chic theme or as you may have heard it, rustic/chic, is becoming an uprising theme, especially in the Midwest. After hours spent looking at different ideas to fit this theme, I asked myself why wouldn't I want to incorporate where I'm from into my wedding day? After all, this day is about me and my Groom- let's just hope he goes with this idea too!







No comments:

Post a Comment